Bacterial antibiotic resistance, CRISPR-CAS systems
Anand Babu is a Scientist at the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Centre of Excellence in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. He did his Masters in Biotechnology at Alagappa College of Technology, Anna University with fellowship from DBT and MHRD, Govt. of India. He did his doctoral studies in Biotechnology at Vision Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai under SASTRA University, Thanjavur. He has worked in DBT and ICMR funded projects during his doctoral studies. He was the recipient of Senior Research Fellow from Indian Council of Medical Research for the year 2016 – 2018. He has qualified GATE 2007 and GATE 2011 in Pharmaceutical sciences and Biotechnology paper respectively. He was selected for the Biotech Industrial Training Program 2011 fellowship from Biotech Consortium India Limited, Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India.
Publications: 5 Citations: 27 h-index: 2
Ø Clinical Genomics and Proteomics
Ø Molecular mechanism of disease pathogenesis
Ø Antimicrobial resistance and its mechanism
- Anandbabu, K., Sen, P., Angayarkanni, N., 2019. Oxidized LDL, homocysteine, homocysteine thiolactone and advanced glycation end products act as pro-oxidant metabolites inducing cytokine release, macrophage infiltration and pro-angiogenic effect in ARPE-19 cells. PLoS One 14, e0216899.
- Kuppan, K., Mohanlal, J., Mohammad, A.M., Babu, K.A., Sen, P., Undurti, N. Das, Natarajan, V., Narayanasamy, A., 2019. Elevated serum OxLDL is associated with progression of type 2 Diabetes Mellitus to diabetic retinopathy. Exp. Eye Res. 186, 107668.
- Bharathidevi, S.R., Babu, K.A., Jain, N., Muthukumaran, S., Umashankar, V., Biswas, J., Angayarkanni, N., 2017. Ocular distribution of antioxidant enzyme paraoxonase & its alteration in cataractous lens & diabetic retina. Indian J. Med. Res. 145, 513–520.
- AnandBabu, K., Bharathidevi, S., Sripriya, S., Sen, P., Jaya Prakash, V., Bindu, A., Viswanathan, N., Angayarkanni, N., 2016. Serum Paraoxonase activity in relation to lipid profile in Age-related Macular Degeneration patients. Exp. Eye Res. 152, 100–112.
- Jasna, J.M., Anandbabu, K., Bharathi, S.R., Angayarkanni, N., 2014. Paraoxonase enzyme protects retinal pigment epithelium from chlorpyrifos insult. PLoS One 9, e101380.